BAE Systems is seeking a senior level Database Administrator/Architect to provide technical and strategic guidance to senior- level database administrators in the management and maintenance of databases supporting evolving applications. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience with managing and supporting Oracle databases in Exadata/Unix environments and a total of 15+ years in IT. The candidate should be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills and work seamlessly in a team environment as well as independently.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a BS Degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent.
Required Skills and Education
- Extensive experience with Oracle 19c, 18c, 12c release 2 Architecture and database infrastructure design and Oracle 19c new features
- Comprehensive experience with Oracle Multitenancy including the management and maintenance of Container and Pluggable databases
- Extensive experience as an Oracle/Exadata administrator including the management, maintenance, configuration and optimization of the platform
- Strong hands-on experience with the Exadata platform to include the deployment of databases, monitoring and performance tuning
- In-depth experience using Oracle ASM for database storage
- Ability and experience with the development of processes and procedures to standardize Database installations and configuration
- Experience automating, scripting and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy utilizing Unix shell scripting or other scripting tools
- Broad experience in the art of performance tuning, utilizing OEM or third party tools to finely tune objects and partitions in Oracle 19c and 18c
- Comprehensive understanding of high-availability solutions for the database and middleware such as WebLogic – RAC, Clustering and Maximum Availability Architecture
- Extensive experience with implementation and maintenance of Disaster Recovery environments using Data Guard
- Experience with capacity planning, maintenance, and optimization of the database environments
- Comprehensive understanding of Oracle backup methodologies, their implementation via GUI as well as scripts.
- Strong experience with Solaris and Red Hat Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with the development of architectural and functional process diagrams for Oracle database services
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills
- Ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- “Can-do” attitude, proactive and resourceful.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Oracle OCP or OCM Certification
- Familiarity and understanding of Oracle Private Cloud Appliance
- Experience with Cloud computing platforms such as Amazon AWS and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience in disk array storage solutions – preferably NetApp and Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance
- Experience in Backup / Recovery solutions – preferably CommVault
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website