BAE Systems is hiring for a Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
This role will be supporting engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic modules. Candidate will provide electrical engineering support to a dynamic engineering development team, leading first unit test, design verification test, integration and transition to production tasks on complex digital circuit cards and modules.
The successful candidate must possess strong technical aptitude, communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally within the hardware organization and with other engineering disciplines/functions. Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas.
This position may include the following activities:
- Design of complex high speed digital circuit card assemblies
- Lead/Mentor a team of junior engineers
- Support test and troubleshooting of systems, modules and sub-assemblies of digital modules, working directly with program engineering personnel as required
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
- Interface with governmental customers and suppliers as required
- Provide training and support to technicians and manufacturing personnel as required
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities
- Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
- High speed digital design of circuit card assemblies
- NXP ARM based processors
- AMD processors
- Experience with the design, build, integration and/or test of complex electronic systems.
- Able to research and apply electrical engineering principles and theories to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment - Team Leader
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner and lead others to closure - Own the Design
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Industrial temperature or better digital circuit card design
- FPGA based circuit card design.
- Embedded processors, PCIe, Ethernet, SERDES, Fiber Optic
- Cadence CAD based schematic capture and simulation
- Able to direct layout and routing rules
- Post routing simulation
- Team player
- Demonstrated design success - meet difficult design requirements
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website