BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the Consolidated Analysis Orchestration Services (CAOS) development team in Springfield, VA. With a focus on database administration (DBA), the ideal candidate should have full lifecycle development experience and be an expert DBA with knowledge of systems engineering standards and processes and industry experience. Experience should include the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Assigned tasks will be technically challenging, achievable, time-boxed and under the direction of technical leadership.
The candidate's duties will include technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware requirements and configuration specifications. Most of the work will be done in Linux/Unix OS and supporting systems in an agile, cloud based, and continuous development environment. Effective interpersonal and communication skills are required to perform well as a member of a rapid paced, cross-functional team environment.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Senior (Relational) Oracle DBA experience
- Extensive Linux/Unix OS experience
- Experience/knowledge of industry systems engineering standards and processes
- Experience with supporting cloud based systems and environments systems as a member of a team using Agile software development methodologies.
- TS//SCI eligible for CI Polygraph
- BS and 14+ years of relevant experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience/knowledge of Oracle Goldengate
- Knowledge of standard industry systems engineering processes such as:
- technical planning
- system integration
- verification and validation
- cost and risk
- supportability and functional analysis
- timeline analysis
- detail trade studies
- requirements allocation
- interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware requirements and configuration specifications
- Security + or comparable certification.
- Desired, but not required
- Nagios, Apache, and/or Tomcat experience
- Understanding of the Imagery Intelligence (IMINT) lifecycle and GEOINT Mission familiarity
- Other relevant experience: Angular JS (4+), Eclipse, JEE/J2EE, JSON, XML, Git, Gradle, Puppet, Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Node Package Manager (NPM), Microsoft VisualStudio Code, TypeScript
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website