Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are looking for a System Integration Engineer to join a mission critical program within the intelligence community. Responsibilities include providing expertise in integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment.
In This Role You Will:
- Integrate, install, configure, upgrade, compile, and support COTS/GOTS software.
- Generate documentation for the full software stack.
- Update software for sustainment support.
- Perform basic Linux system administration skills and shell scripting.
- Execute test codes for characterization of software performance.
•Energized when faced with complex technical challenges and diligently work to identify creative solutions.
•Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
•Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to successfully meet/exceed customer expectations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least six (6) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment.
- Experience developing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Familiar with Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) technologies such as Nlyte, Itracs, and openDCIM
- Familiar with software frameworks used for searching, monitoring, and analyzing big data such as Elastic Stack and Splunk
- Familiar with metrics visualization technologies such as Grafana and Kibana
- Experience with IaC concepts and tools such as Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, and Chef
- Experience with creating and automating installation/test procedures
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiar with testing various processing, storage, and retrieval systems using backend databases such as MySQL, Elasicsearch, MongoDB and OpenTSDB
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website