Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW!
We are in search of a Mid Level Linux Systems Administrator. Candidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have five (5) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise.
Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work can substitute for the Bachelor's Degree, and have five (5) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise.
Candidate will maintain operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Ideal Candidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in the system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
This experience shall include:
- installation, configuration, and networking of Linux based platforms.
- creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files.
- a fundamental understanding of operating systems
- familiarity with Linux commands or utilities at the user level.
- the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- the ability to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- the ability to provide support for the enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, and e-mail.
- Servers running Sparc Solaris, SolarisX64, red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
- Large memory SMP systems with many cores
- Enterprise client server configurations
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and CFielded systems
- Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Exchange
- Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
- Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Centrix
- NoMachine NX
- Virtualizing products; VMWare and Solaris container
- Accepted professional certifications include
- Linux+ or higher
- COMPTIA Sec+
- Requires an active TS SCI level clearance with appropriate poly
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website