See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from providing the latest in missile warning solutions to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.”
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems, Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) Business Area, is seeking a candidate for a SEIT - Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Lead role in our Huntsville Alabama (HAL) location with experience in implementing system processes and managing a small engineering team(s) working state of the art Threat Detection Systems. The successful candidate will provide Systems Engineering oversight, schedule & resources planning and risk evaluation for a combination of Development, Production, and Sustainment activities using established measurement processes.
In Huntsville, our Engineering team is working in a newly opened state of the art facility and operating in a unique environment where we have the power and resources of BAE Systems behind us while working in a dynamic and flexible model with the feel of a start-up. At BAE Systems, cultural and behavioral principles are a special part of our engineering organization, which means we are looking for team players who have demonstrated experience working successfully in group settings and will support our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Assist in the flow down of requirements to testable modular hardware and software
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
- Must have experience as a systems engineer or lead role in other engineering disciplines
- Must have experience leading technical teams
- Must have experience in identifying and tracking technical risks
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Must be able to track progress on team tasks and report progress to program team
- The candidate should enjoy problem solving and have the ability to produce concrete results despite significant ambiguities in the problem space
- Comfortable in a lab setting working with a combination of both hardware and software
- HWIL or Systems Integration Lab development or operational experience
- Active Secret Clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience collaborating with design teams assessing threats, developing and quantifying operational level systems requirements, developing operational systems concepts, and assessing mission effectiveness in simulated environments
- Understanding any of the Electro-Optical Infra-Red (EOIR), Laser, and Radio Frequency (RF) domains
- Experience heading a FRB – Failure Review Board
- Experience with planning, conducting or contributing to FRACAS Events and resulting trade studies
- Exposure to technical performance measurements
- Experience with Model Based Agile Engineering (Value Driven Digital Threads) and Agile Mindset principles, practices & processes, and tools & techniques
- MS Systems Engineering
- Digital Engineering, Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website