At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
BAE Systems is seeking a Test Equipment Engineer for our Controls and Avionics Solutions business location in Fort Wayne, IN. Being a trusted provider of commercial aircraft solutions, the CAS business also produces and develops highly reliable, adaptable, and scalable avionics solutions for the leading manufacturers of commercial aircraft and their propulsion systems.
In this role, the qualified candidate will provide test equipment engineering design support to the Engine and Flight Controls product lines within the Engine Systems and Aftermarket product centers. Responsibilities can include, but are not limited to; test fixture/cabling design and development, functional circuit card module and/or assembly test hardware and software development, test equipment repair and maintenance support, and integration/release of test equipment to production utilizing established configuration control procedures.
Candidates will be expected to provide the engineering interface between the offsite (Endicott, NY) Product Development team and the local New Product Development teams from initial test equipment development, through the integration and release to the Operations' teams. Additional engineering support of test equipment, both domestic and international - for production and aftermarket is also expected. Proven technical skills across a broad spectrum of test equipment development/support and software platforms (Basic, UNIX, LabVIEW, TestStand, C++, etc.) is desired.
Candidate shall have proven project leadership skills (preferable test equipment related projects) and be capable of analyzing problems, developing, proposing/quoting solutions, and executing to project plan commitments. Experience with six-sigma and 6s methods is preferred.
Some light travel can be expected.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Electronics troubleshooting and instrument familiarity (analog, digital, power, communications).
- General understanding of test equipment design and development.
- Ability to interpret and implement requirement specifications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with test software languages/platforms (e.g. Basic, UNIX, LabVIEW, TestStand, C++, etc.)
- Experience with automating test equipment instrumentation (power supplies, meters, oscilloscopes, multiplexers, simulations) for manufacturing test, fault diagnosis, and isolation.
- Experience with test development/support role on third party in-circuit or functional test platform.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate a product and test system that meets accuracy, reliability, efficiency, usability, and maintainability criteria.
- Ability to propose, quote, and execute product test equipment project plans.
- Statistical process control techniques knowledge.
- Experience working in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website