A Skycap's responsibilities include handling and securing luggage according to the Transportation Security Administrations' (TSA) standards. Other responsibilities include issuing boarding passes and tagging bags for airline passengers on departing flights for an airline at curbside. Skycaps will also provide general information to passengers about locations/directions and flight information; Skycaps are expected to provide a high level of customer service to the passengers of the airlines and clients that Bags, Inc. services. Skycaps are familiar with the Safety, Security & Dangerous Goods as well as HAZMAT procedures, through annual training provided by Bags, Inc. and the air carriers' partners. They are required to maintain a positive and friendly attitude in a fast paced, high volume active guest service environment
- Immediately and warmly greet Guests as they approach the desk.
- Assist guest with check-in of luggage to appropriate airlines. Verify the guest flight itinerary and
- number of bags being checked.
- Input guest information for those who have not previously enrolled in the process.
- Process the check in of the guests' bags to include charging guests credit card for bags as per airline requirements.
- Weigh guests' bags to verify appropriate weight of bags and charge for overweight bags.
- Appropriately tag guest luggage with destination tags.
- Provide Boarding Pass, Luggage Claim tickets and receipt (if applicable) to guests before they leave desk.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a positive, friendly and professional manner at all times
- Organize and stock the Skycap desk.
- Uphold clients guest service guidelines and values.
- Need to be able to manage payments (credit card) received from guests
- The ability to manage simple addition.
Apply on company website