• Build Enterprise Cloud infrastructure automation solutions that support the Baker Hughes Cloud strategy
• This position will be on a DevOps team that supports the overall internal Cloud offering across the enterprise. Experience in supporting a multi-application Cloud environment is preferable for this role.
• Develop, improve, deploy, and support Cloud services
• Work on a collaborative team in an Agile / DevOps environment
• The ideal individual is relentlessly technical, passionate for automating everything and totally committed to delivering amazing customer experiences
• Must demonstrate examples of successful automation, and a willingness to continually learn more
• Follow security guidelines to develop secure and compliant Cloud services by working with Risk and Security teams
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent with at least 8 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this position.
• Technical Expertise:
• Experience using Amazon Web Services console, CLI, APIs. AWS Certifications are especially helpful
• Experience Deploying infrastructure through a automation pipeline
• Experience using Amazon CloudFormation
• Experience developing automation solutions (Python, PowerShell, Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.)
• Experience developing solutions using infrastructure orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
• Experience developing solutions that combine data from APIs, endpoints, and databases
• Experience creating continuous integration pipelines (Jenkins, Maven CI, Travis CI, etc.)
• Experience working within an agile team (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming)
• Experience working with common application architectures (app/web servers, containerization, etc.)
• Knowledge of IP Networking including VPC's, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
• Enterprise scale Systems Administration experience is a plus
• Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff
• Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
• Pushes self for individual results and others through team spirit
• Strong analytical skills, creative and business focused problem-solving abilities
• Curious. Wants to naturally study the evolution of Cloud services. Passionate about creating solutions that are more efficient or valuable than how things are done today
• Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website