Within theO&G subsea sector, integrated SPS+SURF is one of the most exciting andrapidly growing business segments. Globally, it is estimated that in 2020,SPS+SURF integrated contracts will represent between 30 to 40% of the totalvalue of projects sanctioned during the year. This positive trend is forecasted to continue for the foreseeablefuture.
Buildingupon the significant successes and experience acquired across four, majorglobal projects currently being delivered for our customers, the SPS+SURF Alliance of McDermott and BakerHughes was created to disrupt the SPS+SURF subsea segment by increasingcertainty and surety of delivery throughout the entire project life cycle, fromearly engagement through the life of the field, using a flexible and uniquevalue-based business model.
Driven byboth companies, and with its own business targets and integrated operatingrhythm, the Alliance team is co-located in Bedfont Lakes, London, with a remitto support regions around the world. Its main priority, being a leading playerin the segment, is to drive the integrated pursuit and execution of majorglobal Subsea projects in the SPS+SURF space.
The leadershipteam consists of a diverse pool of subject matter experts working across theproject lifecycle, from strategy to execution, covering both Strategic andProject Management functions. Owing to the growth in market activity and theAlliance's desire to further align our businesses to increase market share, theLeadership Team now needs to expand to achieve the potential which thisinnovative and exciting Alliance will deliver.
The Allianceis continuing with its delivery excellence development phase, supporting newpursuits, and is now rolling-out and supporting live projects across bothbusinesses. The various Alliance roles being sought will combine diversity andexpertise in both developmental and operational projects.
Baker Hughes is an energy technology company. With operations inover 120 countries, Baker Hughes develops and deploys the technologies to takeenergy and industry forward.
McDermott is a premier, fully integrated provider oftechnology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. Formore than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and buildend-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions to transport and transformoil and gas into the products the world needs today.Role Summary:
The Execution Leader for theAlliance will be responsible for Leading the BHGE Subsea Production Systemsbusiness into the Alliance with a major SURF and Installation company, drivingthe business objectives and representing BHGE within the Alliance. The ExecutionLeader will focus on execution excellence and combining the ProjectOrganisations delivering optimised solutions.
SPS and SURF combined Projects are agreat way of bringing execution synergies to the Subsea Oil and Gas Project, aspart of a Alliance this role will define best practice and execution excellenceworking with a major SURF and Installation company to zipper the twoorganisations in process and practice to offer a best in class EPCI ProjectsOrganisation.Essential Responsibilities:
Build,lead and motivate a cross-functional Strategic Partnership team to lead a majorproject delivering a world class Alliance Projects Organisation.
- Execution Leader for the Alliance,drive the organisation towards execution best practice.
- Support regionally Pursuits/Projectswith expert EPCI Project Knowledge.
- Lead by example, setting andmonitoring the standards expected for other team members and holding teambuilding activities as required
- Establish clear roles andresponsibilities within the project team, delegating authority whereappropriate.
- Manage a network of internal andexternal resources (including contractors) in support of project execution
- Be a strong team leader – know whenthey need to be 100% on task
- Development of the StrategicPartnership project
Takefull ownership for the project management and achieve operational excellence inthe production of large-scale complexsubsea systems to achieve successful execution of the full project lifecycleand contribute to the overall business strategy
- Focal Point for execution onPursuits and Projects.
- Governance of KPIs to assess ProjectSuccess
- Working with the Project Controls leadersto define best in class tools systems and process to support Alliance Projects.
- Guidance to the digital platform forthe Alliance.
- Resource management to supporttenders from within the Alliance.
- Project Management ownership withinthe Alliance.
- Clarify and communicate expectationsto project team members and stakeholders. Present to Senior Leadership onProject status, key risks, costs vs budget etc
- Coordinate cross-functional, crossbusiness global activities and drive Alliance adherence, ensuring flawlessexecution of priorities throughout the Project lifecycle
- Knowledge Management - EnsureLessons are Learned from Pursuit/ Project execution and knowledge is embeddedinto future work.
- Ensure that all the necessarytechnical and non-technical reviews and audits are planned and carriedout.
- Strong input into supply chain andhow we select vendors/ manufacturing locations and scope assignment
- As a Strong team leader, quickly identifystrengths and development areas of the team, effectively delegateresponsibility of work, hold an ‘indirect' team accountable for the work theydo, excellent leadership skills and Build the Project Team into a dedicated andenthusiastic unit
- Ability to identify key stakeholders they need towork with and influence
- Strong influencing skills
- Enjoy working with people - high level of EQ
- Proven interpersonal and relationship buildingskills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to deliver and speak with confidence to aclient
- Ability to build a relationship with a client andappear comfortable
- To be hugely present or visible on the projectand connected with stakeholders
- Ability to communicate well across all levels(from shop floor to senior customers) and be humble in their approach
- Able to use active listening skills and act onwhat they are hearing
- Managing the project budget, cost control, customerchange requests and commercial negotiations
- Managing complex supply change
Applications from job seekers whorequire sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be consideredalongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not beappointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEAcandidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely,in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For furtherinformation please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
- Need to have a good understanding of contracts
- Proven experience of operating in an environmentwhere they have been exposed to contracts and T&Cs
- Knowledge and experience of cost control – ableto manage budgets and deliver against these
- Experience of managing complex supply chains
- Proven analytical and organisational ability.
- London –Bedfont Lakes
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live thecareer you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employmentdecisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnicorigin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Learn more
Apply on company website