Baker Hughes has an opening for a Motor Lead Extenstion Engineer at our EL Anderson Blvd facility in Claremore, OK. The candidate can be expected to work in the following disciplines: Mechanical Design/Development Engineer in the Engineering Group for Artificial Lift Systems. Responsibilities to include mechanical component and systems design for ESP Cable and Motor Lead Extension equipment, materials engineering, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Reliability, failure analysis, etc.
Candidate will work individually and as part of a team developing new products, supporting existing products, testing and evaluating equipment, performing mechanical analysis, and providing technical assistance as needed within the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Technical Support environments. Recommends and troubleshoots advanced mechanical analysis methods. Critiques and provides feedback on design and analysis methods of others.
Candidate will coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments (Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Testing, Purchasing, Marketing, Accounting, etc.) to ensure on-time completion of projects.
Receives moderate to minimal supervision on most or all aspects of each project and is expected to meet all deadlines on time and within budget. Leads and provides guidance to small teams of engineers on some projects. Approves the work of other engineers as applicable. Approximately 5% international and domestic travel can be expected.
- Works primarily in Mechanical engineering in product development, design, or sustaining engineering / technical support.
- Recommends and troubleshoots advanced mechanical analysis methods.
- Critiques and provides feedback on analysis methods of others.
- Coordinates projects with Purchasing, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.
- Responsible for projects of moderate complexity.
- Has moderate impact on product cost, performance, manufacturing methods/standardization.
- Review and submit patents.
- Assignments are outlined in terms of general objectives.
- Plans and conducts research, design and development of standard engineering assignments.
- Assignments can be a significant portion of a larger project.
- Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes sound design recommendations.
- May be the lead engineer on smaller project with little functional supervision or on larger projects with some direction or supervision.
- Usually works with moderate supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters or sensitive projects.
- May be assisted by entry or junior level personnel.
- May plan and assign personnel for given projects or tasks.
- Recommends and implements changes in procedures.
- Operates with some latitude in making autonomous decisions. Reviews progress with team/project leader
- Some assignments will be broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Assignments are reviewed for overall soundness and adherence to stated objectives.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- May provide work direction and mentoring for less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Sphere of influence includes regional operations and customers in addition to engineering groups, support organizations, and vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college, with at least 4 years of experience in an Engineering position.
- 2D & 3D CAD expertise, NX preferred.
- Previous experience reviewing mechanical designs for improvements.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills.
- Good problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Good organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong customer focus.
- Oil and Gas experience, specifically with Artificial Lift systems.
- Knowledge of GD&T, preferably with formal training.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, mechanical and electrical testing methods as applicable to the Artificial Lift industry.
- Experience with stage-gate processes, preferably in a technical leader role.
EL Anderson Blvd facility; Claremore, OK
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website