Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
A Staff Technical Product Manager will act as the interface between the Customer/Product Line and the agile development teams; working with product line and other Technical Product Managers (TPM's) to conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and decomposing this feedback into features and consumable requirements. As a team member, you will act as the product owner for agile scrum teams to deliver features and functionality for critical new software products.
The Assembly Maintenance and Overhaul (AMO) Work Center is an enterprise application used to improve Baker Hughes Technicians efficiency while repairing rental tools for Oilfield Services. The application provides a simplified digital interface that eliminates manual or labor-intensive non-value add activities for our technicians.
As the ”The Technician's One Stop Shop”, the AMO Work Center is a single Interface for Techs with guided workflows for real time data capture. It is an integrated transactional system that captures and transacts data from multiple systems such as: SAP ERP, Reliability & Operations platform, e-Procedures, Document management system and many more.
In the role of Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Interact with customers and other Product Managers to gather voice of customer requirements and understand customer needs
- Work with other Product Managers to translate the long-term strategy and roadmap into actionable features and requirements
- Collaborate with Program Managers and Scrum Masters for the release and sprint backlogs, owning and managing the backlogs of individual teams
- Act as the agile product owner for ongoing development sprints to prioritize features based on technical competency and user value, and communicate context and customer why to development teams
- Communicate short and long-term business objectives and priorities to execution teams
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, TPM's and UX for requirements creation and validation process for owned features, and to elaborate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable requirements and/or user stories
- Ensure that team implementation of features meets quality standards, functional and non-functional requirements and meets UX guidelines
- Continuously prioritize the backlog based on voice of customer and changing business needs
- Engage frequently with development teams; facilitates discussions, provides clarification and contributes to design activities
- Engage frequently with Training Department and Technical Communications team to support development of modules that document product capabilities for internal and external courses
- Demonstrate awareness of domain expertise
- Influence decision making and problem solving across teams
- Bachelor's Degree in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from an accredited college or university
- 5 years technical Product, Program, Project Management of web application development and deployment
- 3 years working with ERP/Oracle systems
- SAP knowledge
- Familiarity with AWS
- Interest in developing industry-leading software products for monitoring machinery health
- Experience in Agile software development
- Excellent communicator, works well in a team environment, appreciates challenges
- Flexible, continuous learner, willing to share knowledge and experience, communicates concepts effectively to developers
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage multiple work streams effectively and provide timely updates to leaders
- Comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience in using Microsoft Team Foundation Server tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Houston, TX
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website