Job Definition Job Description
SCOPE OF POSITION
Ballad will provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for patients, employees, visitors, and property by maintaining a proprietary security force. The Security Department acts as a hospital agent in maintaining public order through visible patrols, response to emergencies, public liaison, and documenting occurrences and actively ensuring the safety of all is a priority. The Security Officer also performs other tasks as directed by the Site Manager/Captain, OIC, Corporate Director of Security Services, or Vice President of Facilities and Construction.
• Reducing the opportunity for crime or loss.
• Assisting outside agencies in mitigating risk and investigating crimes and incidents
• Performing their roles and responsibilities, as appropriate, as defined in the MSHA Emergency Operations Plans and subsequent Codes in the event of an environmental emergency or disaster.
• Performing safety checks/assessments/inspections and to correct or take steps to correct any safety or security hazards.
• Protecting buildings and grounds (including all contents, occupants, customers, and visitors) by enforcing policies and procedures related to security at the location, and directing both foot and vehicular traffic in and around the location, when necessary.
• Adhere to all relevant special and general orders, and policies and procedures
• Supervising and enforcing all systems designed to monitor or identify personnel and vehicles entering the location
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Mitigating safety/security risks that could affect the day-to-day operations of a facility.
• Competing per standards fire drills for areas both internal and external to the facility
• Completing and documenting per standard all extinguisher checks in hospital units, departments, and facilities
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ensure fire extinguisher inspections are completed on a monthly basis.
• Maintain current licenses and certifications as appropriate to this role
Security Officers perform functions that can be categorized as either static or patrol-oriented. Static duties are activities that the Security Officer performs from a single place, usually a fixed post or location, such as an entrance to a building lobby or medical office building. Patrol duties are activities that the Security Officer performs within a specific location, building, and/or complex, and may include foot or vehicle patrols on a given route to observe conditions.
This position reports to the OIC with responsibility over their respective shift. In the absence of the OIC, this position reports to the Site Manager/Captain, Corporate Director of Security Services or Vice President of Facilities and Construction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associates Degree Preferred.
• Experience security field or Law enforcement Preferred
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Valid Driver's License.
• In TN: MUST POSSESS OR OBTAIN WITH IN 90 DAYS STATE CERTIFICATION AS A PRIVATE SECURITY OFFICER. Sworn police officers in the state of TN must provide a current copy of the POST certification card in lieu of state certification as a private security officer. At any time the officer is no longer a sworn officer, he/she must go through the licensing process within 30 days.
• Must possess or be able to obtain Human Empowerment Leadership Principles Training, and/or guest relations training and HELP Certification.
• Must be 18 years old.
• IAHSS Basic certification must be maintained throughout employment.
Must successfully pass the International Association of Hospital Safety and Security Basic Certification
within 6 months of hire date.
CPR certification required or may obtain within 6 months of hire date.
Apply on company website