Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Resident Care Attendant delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and resident/family satisfaction. He/she will function within the standards of practice as accorded by his/her Certification. The Resident Care Attendant performs various resident care activities and related non-professional services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of residents.
Smoking Supervisor- Assists and ensure safety for all smoking residents.
Escort residents for appointments as needed.
1. Provides resident care in a manner conducive to safety and comfort. Resident care includes, but is not limited to:
2. Assist resident with or performs Activities of Daily Living (ADL);
3. Obtains and records Vital Signs and weights per policy;
4. Assists residents with ambulation and transfers;
5. Positions residents in correct body alignment in and out of bed;
6. Applies adaptive equipment as ordered;
7. Cares for personal belongings;
8. Assists physician and/or licensed nurse with treatments and procedures as needed;
9. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds;
10. Accompanies residents when transported outside the center for appointments as requested;
11. Ensures residents are ready for scheduled therapy and transports resident to meals and to outside appointments;
12. Participates in the Service Plan process and implements care according to Service Plan;
13. Performs skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation and Service Plan;
14. Feeds or assists residents with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per Service Plan;
15. Records resident's ADL Performance;
16. Answers call light or bell promptly, delivers messages, cleans areas of spillage or accidents;
17. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated.
18. Participates in the orientation of new nursing assistants/aides;
19. Reports changes in resident's condition, resident/family concerns or complaints to charge nurse and/or supervisor;
20. Collects and bags soiled linen to be laundered;
21. Assists with the orientation of newly hired Resident Care Attendant /Aides;
22. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
23. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with the individual's needs, choices and preferences;
24. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, residents, and families;
25. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
26. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
27. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet staffing requirements and/or needs of residents;
28. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma is preferred.2. Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn.3. Completes required continuing education.4. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.5. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Full Time - Temporary to Hire
Req ID: 335273
Center Name: Ballard Center
Apply on company website