Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference – you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position coordinates and processes all codes, emergencies and responses for several facilities. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & inter-facility calls as well as alphanumeric paging, overhead paging and after hours on call requests for several departments within the same facilities.
- Responds to, processes and documents all code arrests, traumas, fire alarms (including troubles, disables and tests), emergencies and disasters following established policies and procedures for several facilities and the organizations central call center using computer based emergency procedures and group pages. Notifies appropriate hospital/facility personnel and coordinates communication with facility-based staff, local fire jurisdictions, alarm monitoring companies and other external constituents as required.
- Understands and appropriately utilizes all emergency backup equipment and procedures to maintain facility communications in the event of equipment or system failures including evacuation/relocation procedures of department staff and functions. Must understand and be able to assist in setting up emergency communications at each facility in the event of communication failure. Must be able to page codes, notify emergency personnel, process calls and associated functions via phone and hand held microphones using downtime procedures including hard copy code procedures, directories, personnel lists and on call schedules.
- Accurately and efficiently processes a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls providing information to callers and responding to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner. Follows written and computer based procedures to ensure that calls are processed according to individual facility guidelines.
- Uses the integrated computer/telephone (CTI) workstation to access information for a designated group of facilities, processing calls for patients, facilities, staff, departments, physicians and the community at large. Locates database information quickly and process calls accurately utilizing computer based directories, web based and database on-call schedules, physician/staff rosters, patient databases, organizations intranet, and other available resources.
- Functions as an answering service for numerous on-call groups/physicians for several facilities by documenting required information from patients, staff and physicians. Contacts designated on-call personnel and relays accurate, time critical information prior to connecting them to the caller in a prompt manner as set forth by each on-call group/physician. Follows detailed instructions established by each group/physician and shows initiative and problem solving skills when having difficulty reaching active on-call staff. Maintains accurate on-call documentation on appropriate log sheet as set forth by each group/physician.
- Proactively and continuously identifies opportunities to improve processes and enhance database information. Presents findings and recommendations to management.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Reading, writing and math skills.
Must possess good oral and written communication, as well as listening skills to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with incoming callers. Must possess basis computer skills, including familiarity with computer keyboards. Must be able to effectively prioritize and make sound decisions following established department policies, procedures and standards. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to learn and apply department procedures to react quickly to emergency situations, as well as process calls within defined standards. Must possess the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
Previous telephone/customer service experience highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website