Primary City/State:Wheatland, Wyoming
Department Name:Culinary & Nutrition-Hosp
Job Category:General Operations
Explore and excel. Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
In Wheatland, Wyoming you'll enjoy a quality lifestyle in a close-knit community that is located just 70 miles north of Wyoming's capital city of Cheyenne and an easy drive to the city of Denver. You'll experience a wealth of recreational opportunities in southern Wyoming, including many lakes and the nearby Laramie Peak and Medicine Bow National Forest areas.
As a Cook at Platte County Memorial Hospital, you will be cooking for patients, visitors, and staff. In our kitchen there is a great opportunity to develop your skillset, while ensuring those in the facility are well-fed. Our cooks help with prepping, cooking, and cleaning in the kitchen. This is a full-time, 32 hour a week and benefit eligible position. Weekend and Holiday availability is required for this role. If you enjoy working alongside a high-energy, friendly team, this role is for you - apply today!Platte County Memorial Hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, including an Outpatient Clinic which brings in more than 20 of the region's top physicians in nine different medical specialties to help care for southeast Wyoming residents. A $16 million renovation created a new inpatient wing, surgical suite, and diagnostic imaging departments while making enhancements to the emergency department and laboratory. In Wheatland, Wyoming, you'll enjoy a quality lifestyle in a close-knit community that is located just 70 miles north of Wyoming's capital city of Cheyenne. You'll experience a wealth of recreational opportunities in southern Wyoming, including many lakes and the nearby Laramie Peak and Medicine Bow National Forest areas. We are also an easy drive from all of the recreational and cultural activities available in Colorado's Rocky Mountains and the city of Denver.
This position produces all required food items based on information obtained from production sheets, catering requests, prep sheets and any other approved source. Plans and conducts daily work to meet food production and service time requirements.
1. Prepares and cooks hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and calculates production quantities based on production forecast, tally sheets and catering orders.
2. May be assigned to work in the retail cafe grill area, and/or cook breakfast items.
3. Records over production and run outs. Writes directions and calculates production quantities.
4. Checks and logs food and equipment temperatures and reports any problems to the supervisor. Reports all needed equipment repair.
5. Maintains par levels of food and supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks freshness dates.
6. Keeps assigned work areas clean and in an orderly manner.
7. Assists other kitchen and dietary staff as needed and assigned. May oversee the scheduled shift for efficiency.
8. Department responsibilities only, normally deals with internal staff. May deal with customers in grill or exhibition position in retail units. Follows established procedures, recipes and work routines under general supervision.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires the knowledge and abilities in institutional food production normally acquired with one or more years of work experience in production cooking. Must be able to learn and follow established policies and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, communicate effectively, and perform simple math calculations. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to perform tasks within limited time frames. Must be able to follow production and cleaning schedules, use chemicals safely, read thermometers and follow safety requirements. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
All onsite food service equipment including stoves, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, tilt skillet, broiler, steam table, grill, deep fryer, slicer, Buffalo Chopper, mixer, food carts, dish racks, cleaning equipment and hazardous chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website