Primary City/State:Scottsdale, Arizona
Department Name:Culinary & Nutrition-Psych
Job Category:General Operations and Culinary ServicesFor more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
This position determines quantities and produces required food items based on information obtained from production sheets, catering requests, prep sheets and any other approved source.
1. Prepares and portions all cold food items in accordance with standardized recipes as indicated on production forecast and tally sheets.
2. Maintains par levels of food and supplies, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks freshness dates. Records over production and run outs.
3. Checks and logs food and equipment temperatures and reports any problems to the supervisor.
4. Keeps and maintains assigned work areas clean and in an orderly manner.
5. May assist in setting up prep carts and serve meals on patient tray line.
6. Department responsibility only, normally deals with internal customers. Follows established procedures, recipes and work routines under regular supervision.
This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, communicate effectively and to perform simple math calculations. Must be able to perform tasks within limited time frames and follow cleaning schedules, use chemicals safely, follow food handling procedures correctly, read thermometers and follow safety requirements. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required.
Requires the ability to learn all onsite food service equipment including stoves, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, steam table, grill, fryer, slicer, beverage brewing and dispensing equipment, soft serve machine, food carts, dish racks, cleaning equipment and hazardous chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website