Primary City/State:Brush, Colorado
Department Name:Environmental Svcs-Hosp
Job Category:Facilities, Environmental Services, and Culinary
Primary Location Salary Range:$15.30/hr - $22.95/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with State Pay Transparency Rules.
Find your path in health care. Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Nestled in the high plains of northeastern Colorado, Brush is full of small-town charm and rich history. State Wildlife areas and state parks offer hunting, wildlife viewing, fishing, hiking and water activities yea- round. In-town recreation includes golf, four local parks, an outdoor swimming pool, and a roller-skating rink.
As a Housekeeping EVS Associate at East Morgan County Hospital, you will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting all areas of the hospital. You will be trained in everything from chemical usage to proper policies and more!
If doing meaningful work in a facility that prides itself on commitment to the community sounds like the role for you, Apply Today! This is a PRN position & a great way to get your foot in the door with Banner Health!Located in the community of Brush in northeast Colorado, East Morgan County Hospital is a 25-bed critical-access hospital as well as a designated Level IV trauma center. A 32,000-square-foot expansion opened in December 2014 with 19 single-patient rooms, Labor and Delivery area, a new kitchen and dining area, entry and lobby. It also includes a large state-of-the-art medical unit, enhanced technology, additional telemedicine capabilities and parking. As one of the area's largest employers, East Morgan County Hospital can offer you an exceptional opportunity to provide compassionate, innovative care to this unique rural community.
This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
1. Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
2. Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
3. Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etcetera, located in all assigned areas of the facility.
4. Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
5. May perform special projects such as: windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
6. Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
7. Under regular supervision, this position has responsibility at an assigned facility/area only. Internal customers include facility staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other company and non-company facilities.
Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by phone and verbally. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility, Olive Branch Senior Center or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Apply on company website