Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Environmental Svcs-Hosp
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is seeking a Housekeeping/Environmental Services Lead. The Lead EVS Associate provides leadership and training for environmental services associates, while working as a contributing member of the EVS Associate team. As a Lead EVS Associate you will be joining a cohesive well-oiled team that we like to call family! The Banner Estrella Environmental Services team is a high performing, close knit and diverse group of men and women. As a member of the environmental service team you will ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
This a full time evening shift from 10pm-6:30am, and weekend and holiday rotations are required. You will enjoy an 18% night shift differential for nights, plus an additional $1/hour flat rate weekend shift differential for all weekend shifts!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
This provides leadership and training for environmental services associates, while working as a member of the EVS Associate team.
1. Ensures that staffing plans are carried out properly, and that all areas of the hospital/facility are staffed appropriately. With supervisor, plans completion of hospital wide projects, ensures consistent service delivery standards in all aspects of the Environmental Services and Linen operations. Gives input to supervisor on quality and timeliness of work performed by environmental services staff.
2. Performs cleaning functions in patient rooms, specialty areas and common areas.
3. Works closely with supervisor to train and retrain, recruit, retain and develop the Environmental Services team members, fostering a culture that reflects the core values and operational polices of our department and the company.
4. May supervise staff in the absence of the Environmental Services leader. Makes work assignments and responds to immediate needs by moving staff to various areas of facility as needed. Moves furniture and sets up rooms for meetings and special functions.
5. Assists supervisor in performing Quality Assurance Inspections for review and correction of deficiencies.
6. Distributes linens and supplies as needed; takes inventories in assigned areas.
7. Works independently with general supervision. Department responsibility only. Customers include staff, patients, visitors, physicians and vendors. Oversees daily activities of a team of Environmental Services Associates. Makes staffing assignments in absence of supervisor; coordinates cleaning projects as assigned, assists with on-the-job training, provides input to performance evaluations.
Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities in healthcare environmental services work typically acquired over two or more years of related work experience. Must have leadership skills and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must serve as a role model to others in customer service skills, safe work practices, and infection control including hand hygiene.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Basic computer skills in word processing and electronic mail are preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website