Primary City/State:Mesa, Arizona
Department Name:Case Mgmt-Hosp
Job Category:Clinical Care
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As the Night Shift Master Social Worker, you will be working in the Emergency Department at Banner Desert. Banner Desert is the 7th largest emergency room depart in the US. We are a Level 1 Trauma facility, and our Social Work team is highly involved in responding to every Trauma.
This is a full time opportunity. The hours are 3x12s. Available shifts are Friday-Sunday or Saturday through Monday. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Children's Hospital at Desert If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Banner Children's Hospital at Desert in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
This position provides comprehensive care coordination for patients as assigned. The intensity of care coordination provided is situational and appropriate based on patient need and payer requirements. This position is accountable for clinical quality of Care Coordination services delivered by both them and others and identifies/resolves barriers which may hinder effective patient care. The goal is to empower the patient and the family to participate to the fullest of their abilities in the discharge planning process. This position provides developmentally appropriate care of the population that it serves which includes planning for a safe discharge, continuity of care, the ability to recognize and plan for the unique needs of all ages as well as the physically disabled, mentally ill, chronically ill and terminally ill patient.
1. Manages individual patients across the health care continuum to achieve the optimal clinical care, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
2. Acts in a leadership function with process improvement activities for populations of patients to achieve the optimal clinical care, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
3. Acts in a leadership function to collaboratively develop and manage the interdisciplinary patient discharge plan. Effectively communicates the plan across the continuum of care.
4. Maintains knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other program benefits to assist patients with discharge planning and choices. Knowledge of community resources relevant to health care, end of life dynamics, substance abuse, abuse, neglect, and domestic violence.
5. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, payers, and other members of the health care team. Collects and communicates pertinent, timely information to payers and others to fulfill utilization and regulatory requirements.
6. Educates internal members of the health care team on case management and managed care concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
7. May supervise other staff.
8. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Positions are entity based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers: Patients, families, all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies, provider networks, and regulatory agencies.
Requires a Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field (requirement is based on business need and regulatory compliance, all positions may not have this requirement).
Requires a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) (equivalent*) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or have a MSW with the requirement to become licensed within 6 months of hire date. An equivalent license applies to states that do not recognize an LMSW; therefore, the employee must possess a Master's Degree and be a Licensed Social Worker. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2-3 years clinical experience. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, and time management skills. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team format. May have to take rotating call based on the Acute facility need. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year Case Manager experience in an acute care hospital.
Certification for CCM (Certified Case Manager) preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Apply on company website