Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Job Category:Clinical Care
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS! - 1 Year Commitment Required
PLUS $80 ALLOWANCE FOR SCRUBS INCLUDED!!
At Banner University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
This position is in our high-volume Neuroscience Institute where 19 providers with 8 specialties provide the most advanced care for conditions impacting the brain. Our expert neurologists are improving care and research for many conditions including stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and brain injury. Our skilled neurosurgeons provide cutting edge therapies for complex conditions such as brain aneurysms, epilepsy, spinal disorders and many other conditions.
As a Medical Assistant on this team, you will be an integral part of the patient's Banner experience looking to provide each person with the best customer service and patient care. When assisting patients directly, you will be rooming patients, taking vitals, assisting with procedures, and updating patient electronic medical records accurately and timely. When not providing direct patient care, you may also provide additional support to our office/administrative staff throughout the clinic. This could include answering phones, checking in patients, scheduling appointments, following up with referrals, ordering supplies, stocking rooms, etc.
Uncertified Medical Assistants will be considered and will have 12 months to become nationally certified once employment begins. Uncertified Medical Assistants will have access to Medical Assistant certification study material and Banner will pay for the cost of certification. A passing score would result in a pay increase due to an MA's newly certified status.Banner is also committed to your future and invested in furthering your education. Medical Assistants have the opportunity to move up the Medical Assistant career ladder or sign up for tuition assistance to further advance their career. From PTR, to RN, there are endless opportunities at Banner Health. Ask your recruiter for additional details to learn more.
This position is full time Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm.University Medical Center Phoenix PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients' blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG's. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician's offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website