Primary City/State:Peoria, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Job Category:Administrative Services Additional Job Description
Find your path in health care. When you join Banner Staffing Services, you join a team that puts patients first. You'll make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems and help make our patients' lives easier. Apply today.
As a Medical Office Scribe, you'll witnesses all of the action close-up and first-hand: as you work side by side healthcare professionals. While a Scribe does not perform clinical work (e.g., does not touch patients, does not practice medicine), they play a pivotal role by standing alongside healthcare professionals dictating notes and following providers into the exam rooms to take notes. It's a once-in-a-lifetime professional experience that should not be missed by anyone who is considering a career in healthcare! This opportunity is PRN, shifts will be between Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
This position records medical details, gathers data, and coordinates tests, orders and results as necessary to ensure an accurate and complete medical record. Assembles and maintains patients' health information in medical records and charts by assisting medical providers and physicians. No medical decision making is performed.
1. Accompanies provider during patient examination.
2. Accurately and thoroughly documents pertinent patient information as instructed by the provider. Records details of chief complaint, history of present illness, review of systems, social history, past medical history, family medical history, allergies, medications, problems and diagnoses, history and physical, and any pertinent positive and negative findings.
3. May propose orders in the EHR based on clinical setting.
4. Documents details of procedures and treatments, laboratory test results, radiology test results and assists with documenting radiographic impressions performed by the provider.
5. Assists with verifying all tests (lab, x ray, EKG, etc.) have been completed and the results have been received, reviewed and recorded in the medical record.
6. Selects patient education leaflets from the EHR as instructed by the provider.
7. Assists in preparing paperwork for patient discharge.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
9. Works under the direction of Physicians or independent licensed practitioner providing documentation assistance. Internal customers include patients, facility personnel, medical providers and physicians. External customers may include patient family.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Two years of experience in acute care or multi-specialty clinic using electronic medical record software or maintaining medical records.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Apply on company website