As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please apply to our New Nurse Experience openings.
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
Assists with comprehensive care coordination in patient populations as assigned in accordance with established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards including telehealth nursing guidelines. Coordination and outcome measurements are provided via audio/visual technology, collected and other interfaced data elements in a remote operations center (ROC).
- Participates in population health management across the continuum to achieve optimal clinical, financial, operational, and patient satisfaction outcomes.
- Collects and reviews patient information while applying appropriate standards of care. This includes reviewing patient history and physical and assures admission data entry for Telehealth database is completed within appropriate timeframe. Continually examines available information obtained by other health care team members to assist in safe patient care, maintain quality metrics and drive system reporting outcomes. Completes audio visual assessments and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in Telehealth standards of care.
- Evaluates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in a timely manner while monitoring patient progress towards goals, response(s) to treatment(s)/intervention(s), and expected outcomes. Reviews and suggests revisions to the plan of care to reflect patient needs based on evaluation of the patients ongoing condition(s).
- Documentation reflects objective/subjective data and if applicable, patients response. Documentation is timely and in accordance with applicable policy(s).
- May participate in research activities. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership and may join Shared Leadership committee or council. Interacts with patients, families, and visitors in regards to technology and role of Telehealth.
- Serves as a resource to other staff members and facility based clinical teams while precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
- Uses skilled communication and promote collegiality between staff, providers, and leaders in order to achieve optimal clinical and operational outcomes. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating Banner core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and completing all mandatory education. Strongly encouraged reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
A minimum of 5 years of recent clinical experience as a registered nurse in the specialty area required.Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. ACLS and BLS certifications are required as indicated in the specialty area of practice. Must be able to demonstrate EKG proficiency.
Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is required. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations indicated per Telehealth. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area.
Must demonstrate critical thinking, effective communication skills, problem-solving abilities, customer service and collaboration, time management skills, and Telehealth computer program literacy. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary care model and changing environment.
Bachelors Degree preferred.Specialty Certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website