Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Regional Operations Admin-Corp
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Do you have a passion for supporting compliance and operations to enhance process management for team members and patients? Well if so, the Care Delivery Operations Team wants you! As a Senior Business Analyst, you will spend time with corporate leaders and peers across the organization operationalizing processes, creating tools, and best practices to support licensure and certification initiatives, Provider-Based Departments, and medical device credits. Active involvement within Medicare regulations, Kronos Workforce Central, and strong organizational skills are key to being successful on this team.
Be a part of an ever-growing, open-minded, diverse team that drives success throughout the system.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position coordinates and/or collects relevant financial, business and/or statistical data to prepare and interpret reports for management in an accurate and timely manner. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned systems and databases, as well as department/function processes and standards are met in a timely and accurate manner.
1. Gathers data from various sources to document, trend and analyze data necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates various monthly, weekly, daily or ad hoc reports that enable management to control and analyze operations.
2. Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial and other business reporting purposes.
3. Works with other analysts to manage key financial, statistical and/or business specific processes within the organization, which may include operating budgets, forecasts program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis.
4. Provides data modeling resources for special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis.
5. Prepares timely and accurate reports and presentations for internal and/or external customers/stakeholders to satisfy mandated reporting requirements policy, law or management. Maintains accurate statistical, contractual or other departmental databases, as assigned.
6. Depending on assignment, serves as leader or subject matter expert, which includes the initiation and assistance in identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis. Educates users of the assigned reporting system on the utilization of reports and the functionality of those reports.
7. May be assigned to supervise staff. This includes selecting, training, and conducting performance management for department staff. Provides leadership, coaching, recognition, and staff development. Establishes priorities, workloads, schedules, controls and work procedures.
8. Uses specialized knowledge to analyze information and solve business problems. Works independently under general supervision. As assigned, provides management with accurate and timely information necessary to effectively manage financial operations for revenues in excess of $300m annually. Consults internally with Department Directors, Administration, Data Operations, Financial Services Department Personnel and Banner Health System personnel. Works with State governmental agencies, colleagues as other healthcare facilities, professional organizations and outside vendors.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 5+ years of experience performing financial, analytical, and/or statistical work, preferably in a healthcare setting. Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Requires strong abilities in statistical analysis, data interpretation, computer software applications, database and spreadsheet programs, plus a proficiency in financial modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses.
For Contact Center Business Analyst positions: Preferred experience in contact center data and data sources (i.e. ACD systems, workforce management scheduling software, etc)
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website