Primary City/State:Chandler, Arizona
Department Name:Specialty Pharmacy
*$1K-2K SIGN ON BONUS
A position in a Banner Health pharmacy is one you can look forward to. Join an engaging environment of full service, high technology and experience a wide variety of responsibilities. You'll also see how important a pharmacy job is to our ability to make life easier for our patients. Come enjoy great challenges and build both your knowledge of the field and your analytical skills.
This position will support Banner Family Pharmacy- Specialty Care. The Specialty team offers the opportunity to work from home after training and you're proficient in the role. This Department is responsible to provide direct patient care to patients and their caregivers by assisting with entering and setting up orders with patients and providers, non-clinical assessments, and working with specialty pharmacists and the fulfillment center to ensure patients receive their specialty prescriptions accurately and timely.
As a Specialty Pharmacy Technician, you will have the opportunity to work in a very rewarding line of work, with a high functioning team that offers opportunity for professional growth. Enjoy working off your feet in the comfort of your own home, M-F schedules with majority of weekends off, and most major holidays as well. You will be able to work within the hours of 8am-5:30pm. This position is located in Chandler and is in a call center environment.
*Excludes internal applicantsBanner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
This position will assist the specialty pharmacist with preparation, compounding and dispensing of medications, non-clinical specialty assessments, order processing, and delivery setup for patients receiving prescription services from the Specialty Pharmacy. Assisting the specialty pharmacists with claims processing, inventory management, and all necessary reporting requirements to maintain URAC Specialty Pharmacy Accreditations and access to a network of limited distribution drugs.
1. Enroll selected patients in specialty pharmacy services. Communicate with patient and utilize electronic medical record to gather all relevant medical, demographic, and insurance information and input patient into Specialty Pharmacy software platform.
2. Work in a call center environment and communicate effectively with patients over the phone to overcome financial barriers to treatment. Communicate complex billing issues to patients in a manner easily understood.
3. Provide adherence management and adherence improvement services to patients of the Specialty Pharmacy.
4. Assist, provide, and maintain records for accreditation, licensure, manufacturer limited distribution agreements, payer contracts, and REMS programs as required.
5. Assist with expanding scope and continuous quality improvement initiatives across specialty pharmacy services.
6. Work collaboratively with specialty pharmacists and Fulfillment Center team to ensure an excellent patient experience.
7. Prepare, dispense, and compound appropriate amount of medication under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, and accurately deliver medication to the patient.
8. Follow policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements and perform other work assignments.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Certification Program.
Licensed pharmacy intern or registered pharmacy technician in the state of practice, where applicable.
Minimum of one year of pharmacy technician experience required. Ability to attend and successfully complete 160 hours of on the job training required. Strong customer service focus, superior problem-solving abilities required. Ability to complete moderate to difficult mathematical calculations using a hand-held calculator required.
Associates or bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred. Proficiency and experience with third party claims adjudication and claims rejection reconciliation preferred. Proficiency and experience with non-sterile, sterile and hazardous drug compounding preferred. Work experience which demonstrates analytical ability, judgment and interpersonal skills in pharmacy or healthcare preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website