Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Seeking Case Manager!
Southern Indiana/Louisville, Kentucky area
Baptist Health Floyd
The Case Manager position is to support the physician and interdisciplinary team in the provision of patient care, with underlying objective of enhancing the quality of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction while managing the coast of care across the continuum, and providing timely and accurate information to payers.
• Opportunity to work for a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization. The Pathway to Excellence Program® – the premier designation for healthy work environments – recognizes health care organizations that demonstrate a commitment to establishing the foundation of a healthy workplace for staff.
• The role integrates and coordinates utilization management, care facilitation, and discharge planning functions.
• The Case Manager is accountable for a designated patient caseload and plan effectively in order to meet patient needs, manage the length of stay and promote efficient utilization of resources through cost-benefit analysis.
• To help ensure our continued excellence, this unit recently went through renovations
• Opportunity to work in a Regional, Non-Profit Hospital
• Opportunity to work with a wide array of patients
• Opportunity to work for an organization that promotes continued education
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure in the State of Indiana.
• Clinical expertise maintained through periodic CEU course attendance.
• Minimum of four (4) years medical/surgical patient care in general hospital nurse care preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of medical and ancillary services necessary to utilize screening criteria as measured against the documented medical record with respect to patient needs for medical and health care.
• Knowledgeable regarding medical terminology, appropriate levels of care, treatment and modalities, and the health care delivery system.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Louisville at 1850 State Street, New Albany, IN 47150. EOE.
As a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization, Baptist Health Floyd is committed to nurses, to what nurses identify as important to their practice, and to valuing nurses' contributions in the workplace. This designation confirms to the public that nurses working at Baptist Health Floyd know their efforts are supported. The honor encourages other nurses to join their colleagues in this desirable and nurturing environment.
Apply on company website