Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Seeking Histologist/Histo Technologist!
Southern Indiana/Louisville, Kentucky area
Baptist Health Floyd
The Histotechnician must exhibit a sound working knowledge of the embedding and cutting of tissue specimens, the preparation and staining of histology and cytology specimen slides and the processing of cytology specimens. The Histotechnician assists the pathologists with frozen sections, setting up gross, accessioning and other duties as needed. The Histotechnician should be well versed in chemical and hazardous materials safety techniques and policies and procedures. The Histotechnician evaluates procedures, executes quality control mechanisms, and performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and instrumentation.
• Opportunity to work in a Regional, Non-Profit Hospital
• Opportunity to work for an organization that promotes continued education
• Have earned an academic high school diploma or equivalent
• College preparatory courses or degree desirable
• Registered HT (ASCP), HTL (ASCP), or eligible
• One (1) or more years of clinical hospital working experience is preferred
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Louisville at 1850 State Street, New Albany, IN 47150. EOE.
Apply on company website