Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Job Description:**Eligible for $2,000 Sign-On/Retention Bonus**
The Medical Assistant II assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician/provider. Areas of clinical practice include patients of all ages in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and most Specialty Practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the efficient flow of patients from the waiting room through their medical visit.
2. Effectively captures data needed to facilitate the physician's/provider's ability to efficiently evaluate patients, including but not limited to; vital signs, past medical, social and family history, health maintenance and the patient's current medication and pharmacy used.
3. Prepares in advance for the clinic to run smoothly by checking the physician's/provider's schedule and the patient record to make sure all documents are available for the physician/provider's viewing.
4. Handles patient call backs and prescription refills within the scope of the certification for this position.
5. Administers medication and injections as directed by the physician/provider.
7. Able to perform phlebotomy.
8. Performs EKG's, PFT's spirometry, nebulizer treatments and ear irrigations, and other procedures appropriate to level of training and within the scope of the certification of this position.
9. Performs in-office lab testing such as glucose testing, strep screens, pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and HgA1c as directed by the physician/provider.
10. Performs sterilization on instruments used for minor procedures/surgeries according to the CDC recommended guidelines.
11. Cleans and stocks rooms; helps monitor supplies as needed.
12. Effectively interacts with referral sources and other healthcare providers in a customer-focused manner.
13. Maintains patient confidentiality and corporate compliance guidelines and integrity.
14. Carries out additional duties as assigned.
15. Maintains HIPAA/OSHA compliance.
16. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job related hazards, and national patient safety goals.
Ensures SAFE Reports are submitted appropriately.
17. Ensures positive customer relations interactions18. Maintains all certifications/licensures such as BLS, CMA, RMA or Nursing license
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, and Licensures/Certifications/Registrations Required:
Applicant must have graduated from one or more of the following programs and have a current certificate or license in that area:
1. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program with current CMA certification from AAMA, AMT or NCCT.
2. Graduate of an approved practical nursing program with current Kentucky LPN Licensure.
3. Graduate of an accredited RN program with current Indiana RN Licensure.
4. Basic Life Support and other advanced training as appropriate.
5. Computer skills preferred.If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website