Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Job Description:**Eligible for $2,000 Sign-On/Retention Bonus**
Baptist Health Medical Group is a comprehensive network that includes over 1,100 physicians and advanced practice clinicians across Kentucky and Indiana. They represent over 75 specialties including primary care and family medicine, internal medicine, osteopathic medicine, emergency medicine, general surgery and a wide range of surgical specialties offering advanced treatments and care. As a faith-based health system, Baptist Health places special emphasis on our Core Values of treating all with integrity, respect and compassion, with a focus on excellence and collaboration in all that we do, helping us to experience the joy of caring for others. Baptist Health has repeatedly been named a “Best Place to Work” in Kentucky and Indiana, we are looking for an energetic & qualified candidate to join our family as a Medical Assistant.
If you're a Medical Assistant looking for a change and want to work for a faith based system that seeks to live by their values, then we're looking for you!
The Medical Assistant III assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician. Areas of clinical practice include patients of all ages in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and some specialty areas such as Neurology.
Skills and Abilities:
·Assist the physician with all tasks associated with patient care as requested, within the scope of practice and certification including:
- Recording patient history,
- Measuring vital signs,
- Helping physicians with patient examinations,
- Helping with giving injections, medications or other therapies as permitted by state law
- Prepare samples for laboratory testing
- Updating electronic patient files.
·Interact with patients, patient family and caregivers in a professional and courteous manner.
·Assist other clinical personnel as needed and interact with the other healthcare providers to facilitate a smooth continuum of care
·Assists with coverage of Patient Access areas.
Minimum Education & Training:
- Applicant must meet one or more of the following requirements and have current certificate or license in that area:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program with current CMA certification from AAMA, AMT or NCCT.
- Graduate of an approved practical nursing program with current Kentucky LPN Licensure.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program with current Kentucky RN Licensure.
- Currently certified through AAMA, AMT or NCCT.
- Basic Life Support and other advanced training as appropriate.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Incumbents not meeting these specifications have been grandfathered based on qualifications in effect prior to the date on page one of this document.
Apply on company website