Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. The Office Coordinator is a unique blend of both clerical and administrative skills. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, including hands on patient care, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time at the direction of the Clinical Manager & Director.
1. Collects and analyzes internal and external data relating to services and opportunities within the BHMG system.
2. Responsible for all Business Office, Charging, Coding, and Insurance / Reimbursement related data entry tasks required to enter, register, charge, and track data on insurance and employer companies, & patients, both existing and new business. Working with the Clinic Manager(s) and Director to evaluate and maintain agreements with employers and payers., i.e. knowledge of employers preferences for how their employees are to be scheduled in PT, Physical demand screens, submission of patient charts and information to BHMG business Office and their assigns, 3rd party administrators related to patient progress and management in , etc.
3. Provides day-to-day support of Office staff and functions at the other sites in their region and performs all daily office functions at their home clinic.
4. Includes scheduling patient appointments appropriately for customer service, clinic and staff productivity and efficiency of staff utilization
5. As directed by the Clinic Managers, Schedules staff as needed at their home location and at all sites in their region for PRN, PTO and any needed staff coverage.
6. Assists Clinical Manager and Director with program needs as assigned.
7. Responsible for daily and overall Office effectiveness and quality of services, primarily at their home site and secondarily at the other sites within their region.
8. Coordinate with Clinic Managers to schedule staff meetings, seminars for staff, etc.
9. Take an active support role in operational and budget process reviewing and controlling Office and overall expenses and staff productivity and insurance/payer interactions in order to maximize reimbursement and thus maximize revenue as instructed by the Management.
10. May occasionally assist providers with patient related procedures if needed to room patients, change linens, prep rooms, etc.
11. Honors all HIPAA regulations with respect to patient health information.
12. Holds in strictest confidence all matters of BHMG clinical operations and patient care
13. Demonstrates appropriate responsibility for and oversees the proper processing and handling /storage of patient and client Files and records.
14. Responsible for performing and/or overseeing the processes of patient check in , check out, including registration and insurance pre authorization and verification both at initial visit and ongoing throughout the course of treatment.
15. Enters all billing charges and checks for accuracy including the appropriate ICD9 or ICD10 coding used by the providers and checks for accuracy and updates current billing address information in HPP (or relevant billing software) and communicates with BHMG Billing Office concerning these matters. This includes Reconciliation of monthly/daily reports with billing system, HPP, Allscripts, etc. and cash logs, receipts, and associated reconciliation and other financial business office related reports.
16. Exhibits professional and cordial demeanor and handling of all customers.
17. Has knowledge of BCHS, BMA, clinic and hospital departments in regards to operating hours, policies and procedures.
18. Registers all patients, company/client information obtaining accurate, up-to-date demographic and billing information.
19. Orders or notifies need for office supplies, including copier, computer, printer, and fax machine supplies.
20. Types and distributes correspondence as needed.
21. Performs and/or coordinates per Manager all day-to-day Office operations
22. Prepares maintenance requests related to equipment problems and informs management of any equipment related issues.
23. Assists as requested in the ordering/ purchasing/ stocking of all patient/clinical supplies.
24. Responsible for assisting in the development and operation of additional services under the direction of the Manager and/or Director.'
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, and Licensures/Certifications/Registrations Required:
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to adequately perform this job. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Two years healthcare related Office and/or Clinical experience
- Fully Proficient computer skills including word processing, financial and statistical spread sheets including graphical report generation and preparation, and general competence with standard current BHMG office software (HPP, Cedaron, etc.) & computer use.
- Post High School Degree &/or Training in a Clinical specialty, such as Exercise Science or Physiology, Massage Therapy, Athletic Training, and/or Healthcare related business/office/practice administration preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, safety standards, and other relevant areas.
- Health care management or supervisory experience.
Apply on company website