Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
As part of the Supply Chain Services of Baptist Healthcare System in Louisville, Ky., this position is responsible for the execution of demand planning in PAR management systems; supply replenishment, product deployment, expediting processes and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements for clinical departments.
- Daily stock putaway in PAR stocking locations, identifying and reconciling shipping discrepancies with supervisor or lead
- Initiate daily PAR management activities:
- Process PAR counts for replenishment via handheld technology, based on pre-determined MIN/MAX parameters
- Execute PAR procurement restocking order, ensuring accuracy of reorder to correctly debit the associated clinical department
- Restock PAR location, utilizing proper rotation, organization, identification, documentation and proper location of stock items.
- Manage expiring/expired product; once identified, collaborate with Materials leadership on appropriate disposition of said products, per legal requirements.
- Manage slow moving product; once reduction or removal is approved by clinical department leader, collaborate with Materials leadership on various methods of product disposition (return to vendor, 3rd party sale, or donation), to mitigate financial impact.
- Monitor and maintain PAR stocking location cleanliness and organization, adhering to JCAHO compliance regulations. All supplies are removed from original shipping box for storage
- Electronically transact debits and credits within PeopleSoft ERP for additional products issued from and returned to procedural perpetual inventory. These transactions align onhand quantities for accurate replenishment as well as daily balance sheet reconciliation to the General Ledger.
- Act as liaison with clinical departments to determine the need for additions, deletions or changes to the PAR Level Replenishment System for their PAR stocking location, based on utilization trends. This is critical to avoid waste and appropriately manage overall facility cost.
- Facilitate product backorder communication and resolution, including substitute approval and replacement order generation to properly inform our clinical customers.
- Coordinate product conversion activities, including depletion of existing product and relabeling bin locations to accommodate new product.
- Manage product removal and subsequent replacement, where appropriate, due to FDA (or other) recall activities, to eliminate liability.
- Respond to requests from facility departments, in a timely, positive and friendly manner.
- High school diploma, degree required if appropriate
- 3-5 years' experience in healthcare materials environment, preferred
Apply on company website