Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Baptist Health Medical Group- Hematology/Oncology
Weekly Hours: 40
Status: Full Time
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Practice Manager II is responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations and management of the assigned facility. Responsible for four to six providers, two or more locations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. The Practice Manager is a blend of both supervisory and administrative skills. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time at the direction of the Director.
- Responsible for the daily operations and supervision of the practice, including objective measures in a “balanced scorecard” approach.
- Schedules physician and staff personnel
- Acts as on-site Compliance Officer by ensuring the practice is compliant with all regulations including HIPAA, OSHA, Employment Law and reviews and responds appropriately to any compliances issues from patients or staff.
- Reviews and acts upon all leave requests from physicians, staff
- Conduct periodic inspections of all practices to find needed repairs, grounds work or building and equipment maintenance.
- Make recommendations regarding equipment and supplies needed to maintain efficient operations; order supplies and equipment as needed.
- Promote development of quality improvement activities.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget for facility.
- Work with Marketing and Public Relations as needed to enhance public image of the clinic.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and responsive patient flow system.
- Oversees and approves office supply inventory, ensures that mail is opened and processed, and offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
- Interacts with personnel outside BCHS/BMA in insurance companies, managed care organizations, employers and government agencies when applicable.
- Promote educational growth opportunities for all employees
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and coworkers
- Serves as role model by displaying, maintaining and encouraging behavior which promotes good guest relations to patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
- Serves as the facility's representative to the business community and public at large
- Processes invoices received from vendors
- Plan new programs to be developed within the office. Researches and isolates opportunities, develops plans for Director review and approval to market new or existing services the facilities may offer.
- Daily balancing and bank depositing
- Must be able to conduct periodic audits of charts, policies and procedures and/or direct this process for the entire facility.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orientation, development and evaluation
- Planning and directing work to be done
- Responsible for appraising employee performance in a timely manner
- Rewarding and disciplining employees appropriately
- Addressing complaints and resolving issues
- Demonstrates leadership ability and delegates duties effectively.
- Managers in the BaptistWorx clinics work closely with Marketing staff to evaluate, negotiate, and maintain agreements with employers and payers.
- BaptistWorx Managers are responsible for all aspects of marketing for their clinic if no marketing rep is present.
- Must display a positive appearance including appropriate dress as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- The Manager also assists in the creation and coordination of the practices' procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Must be able to communicate, collaborate and cooperate with physicians, staff and management.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to adequately perform this job. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- BA or BS preferred, but Associate's degree and/or experience will be considered
- Two to four years of managerial experience, healthcare experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years occupational health experience required for BaptistWorx Management position.
- Marketing/Business Relations experience
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, safety standards, and other relevant areas.
- Health care management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic coding and documentation required.
Apply on company website