Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Job Description:Seeking Diabetes Nutrition Educator Baptist Health Medical Group - Endocrinology Full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:40pm
Educate and counsel patients with diabetes, participate as a member of the health care team and communicate to Supervisor about diabetes teaching activities. Incorporate the concepts of S.E.R.V.E., C.A.R.E., and the philosophy of the Joslin Diabetes Center to meet the needs of patients, families and co-workers focusing on quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and EXCELLENCE.
- Opportunity to work one on one with patients and develop rapport with the patient
- Incorporate the concepts of the philosophy of the BHMG Endocrinology practice to meet the needs of patients, families and co-workers focusing on quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Opportunity to work with a great multi-disciplinary team
- Health professional who is either registered or licensed by an appropriate accrediting body in his/her respective field. Typical fields include nursing, dietetics, medicine or health education.
- Must have received a minimum of 15 hours of basic education, in any one or combination of the following topic headings: Diabetes Specific, diabetes related or psycho social, and educational.
- Certification by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators is required within one year and would fulfill all basic and continuing education requirement.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits We are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Louisville in New Albany, Indiana. E.O.E. If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website