Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Seeking Surgical Inpatient Unit LPN or RN!
Surgical Inpatient Unit
Southern Indiana/Louisville, Kentucky area
Baptist Health Floyd
In this role, the LPN will provide care to Medical and Surgical patients. Functions as an on-shift team member, under the direction of the RN, providing direct patient care to meet the needs of patients, families, and co-workers. The RN will be responsible and accountable for direct comprehensive nursing care for the patient from admission to discharge. SIPS is a great place for new grads and experienced nurses to provide excellent care. Imagine working in an organization that has received the Blue Distinction® designation from Blue Cross and Blue Shield for knee and hip replacement, which means we have demonstrated a commitment to providing high quality care and better overall outcomes for knee and hip replacement procedures.
• Opportunity to work for a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization. The Pathway to Excellence Program® – the premier designation for healthy work environments – recognizes health care organizations that demonstrate a commitment to establishing the foundation of a healthy workplace for staff.
• 32 bed unit
• 2 units of 16 patients. SIPS 1 focuses on general surgeries, SIPS 2 focuses on orthopedics and bariatric surgeries
• Opportunity for new grads to gain experience
• Opportunity to utilize critical thinking skills
• Comprehensive evidence-based nursing care
• Graduate of approved nursing program and holding a current Indiana LPN or RN License.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider required from a provider that follows AHA guidelines (American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Health Safety Institute) and requires a skill check off upon hire
• ACLS required from a provider that follows AHA guidelines (American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Health Safety Institute) and requires a skill check off within 12 months of hire
• Previous nursing experience that has provided opportunities to refine competencies in nursing practice
• Shows an understanding and knowledge of computer systems and application and/or ability to be trained.
• Previous LPN or RN experience preferred
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Louisville at 1850 State Street, New Albany, IN 47150. EOE.If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website