Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
The PRN Medical Assistant FLOAT is an individual who assists the staff and physician by collecting patient information needed to determine physical and psychological needs, health problems, etc., performing selected treatments, diagnostic procedures and routine duties. The Medical Assistant functions as a member of the healthcare team with responsibilities commensurate with educational preparation and demonstrated competencies. Direct patient care is provided to patients of all ages.
III. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
- Perform drug and alcohol testing collections when needed.
- Administer pulmonary function testing, EKG's, and draws blood as necessary.
- Takes vital signs, including blood pressure.
- Administers audiometric testing using microprocessor audiometer as needed.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of patient charts; including documentation of patient symptoms, complaints, or other pertinent facts.
- Assist physician with physical exams and selected procedures.
- Holds in confidence all matters concerning patients.
- Exhibits friendly and helpful behavior.
- Assists in clerical duties related to the operation of the office, such as answering phone, filing of medical records and charts, labeling of charts and call backs to client/ company representatives.
IV. MINIMUM TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support Certification required.
- Minimum two years of direct patient care experience preferred.
V. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Venipuncture and other laboratory procedures
- Electrocardiogram Testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Audiometry Testing
- Data Entry
- Strength: This position requires the ability to frequently push/pull objects of more than 50 pounds and the ability to frequently lift objects of more than 50 pounds
- Manual Dexterity: This position requires the individual to constantly perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning a patient and skills such as typing on a computer console, talking on the telephone, writing, using copy equipment and fax machines.
- Coordination: Position requires individual to constantly perform tasks, which require hand-eye steadiness.
- Mobility: Position requires this individual to constantly alternate between sitting and walking each day.
- Visual Discrimination: Position requires this individual to constantly see objects closely as in reading and using the computer.
- Communication: Position requires the individual to constantly be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the telephone or dealing with another person. Requires good articulation and voice modulation.
- Concentration: This position requires constant ability to concentrate on details with frequent interruption.
- Attention Span: This position requires the ability to constantly attend to tasks or functions until their completion.
- Conceptualization: This position requires the individual to frequently understand and relate to concepts behind specific ideas.
- Memory: This position requires the individual to be able to constantly remember task/assignment given to self or others during the course of a shift. Must be able to frequently remember multiple tasks/assignments given to self and others during the course of a day, as well as over long periods of time.
- Communication: This position requires the individual to have the ability to constantly communicate verbally using advanced level vocabulary and medical terminology.
VI. WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Position requires occasional exposure to blood, body tissue or fluids (Category A), and hazardous materials and dust. Position may be stressful and demanding.If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website