This position is responsible for participating in all aspects of pre and postoperative care of the cardiac surgical patient in conjunction with the CTS surgical house staff, and under the supervision of the CTS Surgeon.
- Perform clinical tasks on the patient unit such as removal of chest tubes, sutures, and temporary pacing wires as directed by the CTS surgeons
- See patients in the pre and post op stage of care in the clinic as well as be responsible for inpatient consults and CTS patients in the stepdown and CTICU unit
- Responsible for transfer and discharge paperwork, discharge summary, and to communicate with cardiologist/PCP when appropriate
- Emphasis is on direct patient care, working in coordination with the staff surgeon, house staff, hospital staff, and the patient
- Participates in patient rounds and case conferences
- Works in collaboration with staff surgeon and house staff in educating the patients and their families in medical care
- Continually updates clinical knowledge and skills through consultation, formal and informal education, and review of literature for self
- Master s degree in Nursing
- Certification in Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, preferred
- Active license in the state of NJ
- BLS certification
- 1-2 Years experience in open heart surgery critical care, preferred
Hours and schedule will vary. Must be available to work night and day shift as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website