Information About this Position
- Eligible for a Sign-On Bonus up to $1000
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the nursing team which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), performs vital signs, intake & output, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, urinary catheter care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website