Information About this Position
- 8 Hour Shifts
- 40 Hours per Week
- Flexible Schedule
- Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe.
Responsible for providing a safe environment where risks for infection are identified and minimized for patients, employees and visitors. To provide surveillance programs, data reporting, data analysis & intervention development aimed at reduction of healthcare acquired infections in patients and employees.
- Conducts ongoing surveillance for detection of Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAI) infections.
- Assures compliance in all aspects of infection surveillance, prevention and control and serves as an Infection Control resource.
- Supports programs that maximize the protection of employees, patients and visitors against infectious diseases.
- Works collaboratively with the Infection Control Committee.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing/Public Health or related field
- 2-5 years of experience
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Master's Degree in Nursing/Public Health or related field
- 5-10 years of experience
- Certified Infection Control (CIC)
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website