Information About this Position
- Monday - Friday
- Call Required
- Up to $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital proudly serves the health care needs of families in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties. The 102-bed community hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services including the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, the Breast Health and Women's Center, the Cardiology Center, the Neurosurgery Center and the Outpatient Surgery and Endoscopy Center.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and carries a Level II stroke certification. Additionally, the hospital's medical office building houses offices for specialists in primary care, cardiology, obstetrics, dermatology, surgery and pulmonology. Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital also offers outpatient services including physical therapy, a sleep lab, and cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation.
Performs an expanded perioperative role as a first assistant to surgeons during surgical procedures in the operating room. RNFA works alongside the surgeon to provide direct patient care. Works as a professional colleague with the perioperative team and collaborates with the patient-designated support person, and other health care providers when making decisions to plan care.
- Delivers intraoperative patient care as the first assistant to the surgeon(s) as a collaborative team member. Pre-operatively performs a focused nursing assessment in reference to planned procedure. Analyzes the assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis. Identifies and communicates desired patient outcomes throughout the perioperative continuum.
- Functions as a member of the surgical team and contribute to the overall efficiency of the peri-operative department. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, efficiency, the environments, and the cost in planning, delivering, and evaluating patient care.
- Monitors patients response and modifies plan of care accordingly. Administers Medications according to standard nursing practice. Develops and manages an individual plan of care that directs the intervention(s) of the RNFA. Implements, manages, and coordinates the perioperative plan of care related to RNFA interventions. Evaluates patient progress towards attaining outcomes. Systematically evaluates quality of nursing practice.
- Participates in professional development and life long learning. Seeks out and participates in learning opportunities. Evaluates their practice in context with current professional practice standards, rules and regulations. Contributes to the professional growth of peers, colleagues and others.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education.Incorporates research findings into practice. Practices in an ethical manner using available resources to formulate ethical decisions. Advocates for individuals and groups related to perioperative health safety. Provides leadership in the profession and professional practice setting.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- 2-5 years
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's Degree
- RN Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing
- CERTIFIED RN FIRST ASSIST
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website