Information About this Position
- Shift is 11:00am-7:30pm
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital offers highly specialized surgical and medical services in an intimate environment and is known for outstanding patient care. With 64 private patient rooms, 14 operating rooms and four intensive care unit rooms, the facility was designed to provide a comforting environment that is innovative, efficient and centered on the patient experience. The campus features a park-like setting with landscaping and a walking path that winds through the grounds and connects to Millennium Park.
The Housekeeper is an environmental services worker who is responsible for daily housekeeping services as assigned, using procedures as outlined by the hospital or service organization.
- Performs routine janitorial and cleaning activities in patient, public and common areas using prescribed, established cleaning process.
- Performs discharge cleaning process in inpatient rooms and prepares room for next admission.
- Performs room set up and changes as needed, including changing linens, cleaning, mopping and furnishing.
- Keeps equipment clean and functional according to procedure.
- Notifies supervisor or manager of any equipment, furniture, or building fixtures that are in need of maintenance.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website