The Maintenance Technician (A) performs maintenance job duties including but not limited to troubleshooting, repair and maintaining of facility and material handling equipment, including but not limited to conveyor equipment, motors, gear reducers, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and other mechanical and electrical equipment to keep machinery and facility operating efficiently with minimum down-time. The Maintenance Technician (A) must be able to work independently and with team members as necessary.
• Vocational or technical training with 5 or more year's practical experience in mechanical or electrical maintenance as a technician in a production facility or distribution center Multi trade Skills required.
• Proven experience maintaining facility and equipment, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and conveyor systems.
• Continuous body movement required with the ability to stand, sit or crouch for long periods of time, must be willing and able to climb stairs and ladders, work on lifts at heights to 45ft and in uncomfortable positions. Must have the ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 50 lbs. alone and 100 lbs. with help. Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
• Flexibility for shift coverage as needed overtime is required to support operations and for emergency situations as determined by management. Ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time.
• Must have an excellent attendance record. Responds to requests promptly and appropriately.
• Must have hands on experience as a maintenance technician in a team environment including working independently and with other maintenance technicians and helpers.
• Must be able to read schematics and drawings as well as follow directions and instructions provided from support vendors and internal sources and must be able to provide feedback verbally and on shift reports.
• Knowledge of proper terminology of components, hardware, repair parts and proper use of lifts, meters and tools and knowledge of electric circuits up to 480v AC 3 Phase and 48 VDC. Must have hand tools.
• Ability to stay up to date and continue learning new skills by reading technical documentation and participating in training sessions as required.
• Must have oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of employees and management in a professional and effective manner including email and spread sheets.
• Knowledgeable of occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned maintenance duties and the use of maintenance lubricants and chemicals.
Apply on company website