This role is central in helping the Tax Department meet its obligations to the firm in three principal capacities. You will be responsible for the tax provision process and ensuring the taxes are properly recorded in the Companys financial statements in accordance with ASC740.
• Strong tax provision experience.
• Significant experience in audit management.
• Comfortable with internet-based provision and tax return preparation applications.
• Financial Services sector experience a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with senior tax department personnel, members of the regional finance community and operational staff from a range of disciplines.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Positive, energetic and creative attitude.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
• CPA required.
• 6+ years of experience in Accounting and Tax
• Review timely income tax provisions and tax-related accounting for interim and annual financial statements with assistance from third party consultants.
• Review of the annual and interim tax provision including return to provision reconciliation of taxes.
• Responsible for coordinating the filing of all Federal, State and Local income tax returns, extensions, and estimated payments with third party consultants.
• Review and filing of quarterly estimated tax payments and maintain organized records of cash tax payments and refunds.
• Oversee the preparation, review, and timely and accurate submission of all corporate income tax returns and payments.
• Assist with Federal, State and Local audits, including handling all notices and correspondence with federal and state taxing authorities.
• Evaluate ASC 740 (FIN 48) for uncertain tax positions.
• Perform tax research to support positions taken in tax returns, as required.
• Monitor and implement changes resulting from tax legislation.
• Identify and document book-to-tax differences and test deferred tax balances.
• Manage and review reconciliation of all tax accounts and rollforwards.
• Maintain documentation in support of valuation allowance positions.
• Respond to tax inquiries from other departments, as required.
• Manage and review monthly property tax payments, accruals and reconciliation, with assistance from third party consultants.
• Act as administrator of tax reporting and return systems (OneSource).
• Organize and ensure SOX 404 documentation reflects current practices and procedures for tax processes.
• Assist with the preparation and review of all tax related journal entries.
• Manage projects, workflows, timelines and deadlines.
• Manage relationships with third party consultants and external auditors.
Apply on company website