At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis on process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. BASF is always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Chemical Plant Operator, Resins – Wyandotte, Michigan - 2002493
The scope of activities for our Chemical Plant Operators range from field tasks such as material handling, big bag filling, truck filling, drum line operations, utilities, and tank farm management to control room operations, such as recipe management, process control, and troubleshooting. Advancement depends on the demonstrated knowledge across all product manufacturing technologies and job tasks.
A training plan will be created based on the individual's experience combined with the need of the Wyandotte Resins team at the time of hire. CPOs must possess a like mindset, able to handle changing conditions and direction from their Supervisors without undue stress or resistance to change.
Formula for Success:
Our successful Chemical Plant Operators will have a highly developed teamwork competency, the ability to work with others under time constraints, excellent quality competencies, as well as the ability to execute tasks safely, consistently and reliably. Chemical Plant Operators will:
- Safely move, fill, and handle 55-gallon drums & 55-pound bags, standing for extended periods of time, climb/descend flights of stairs throughout shift and perform clean-up activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Use SCBA equipment and serve as HAZWOPER technician.
- This position is part of a job family with multiple levels and will be filled at a level that is commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
- The incumbent will be assigned to one of the four teams and will report to that team's Shift Group Leader.
- 12 hour rotating shifts with Overtime required.
- Leveraging your High School diploma in addition to 2+ years experience in a manufacturing / general industrial environment.
- Experience using a fork truck and pallet jack
- Experience working in chemical plant
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website