At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
RSC Instrumentation & Electrical Discipline Engineer(1903801) – Mauldin, SC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to collaborate with our Southeast Regional Service Center to develop scopes and provide general support in several key areas.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your excellent communication (written and verbal), influential, and computer (Microsoft Office, OSI Pi, Lotus Notes, and SAP) skills. You will also use your experience working in Projects as an I/E Engineering Lead and in process safety. Being results oriented with strong implementation skills, you will work effectively in a diverse team environment, working closely with mechanics, operators, engineers, management, and global teams to solve problems and address systemic issues related to equipment reliability.
Travel for this role is estimated to be approximately 50%.
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education and your experience in manufacturing/process engineering in a chemical plant (specifically technical professional experience in electrical, automation and controls), you will manage IE&C design functions for capital and maintenance projects including development of the detailed design documentation necessary for complete definition and execution of the IE&C scope.
- Your solid understanding of electrical and instrument equipment and plant manufacturing processes will be a valued asset as you manage and deliver the required detailed design drawings, specifications and documents to assure the proper work definition and results are achieved.
- Your strong commitment to workplace safety will be essential as you drive compliance with all environmental, safety and health (EHS) requirements.
- With your prior background in managing site instrumentation and automation documentation, you will be accountable for assuring the oversight for management of the ProjectWise drawing system, Foxboro DCS Integrity database, InTools instrumentation database, AutoCad software, and SIS systems documentation.
- Demonstrating your strong technical competencies, you will play a key role in engineering design and EHS reviews for capital projects, as well as provide overall management of the site's Process Safety Information (PSI) for IE&C documentation.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website