BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Perform professional accounting work-involving compilation, consolidation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and maintain financial records according
to governmental accounting principles and district procedures.
2. Compute and prepare data for journal entry and budget transfers.
3. Prepare income statements, balance sheets, consolidated statements, and other statements and reports.
4. Monitor and reconcile expenditures for Federal and Special Revenue budget availability.
5. Set up and maintain account controls, logs, and files.
6. Perform cost accounting activities, bank reconciliation, or accounting for grant expenditures.
7. Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries, accounting methods, and procedures.
8. Assist with monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts.
9. Assist with Teacher Retirement Reporting.
10. Prepare Federal and Special Revenue budgets.
11. Ensure fundraising procedures are conducted within District guidelines.
12. Ensure asset management is monitored.
13. Audit timesheets for compliance annually.
14. Work with administrators, principals, directors, and staff regarding budget and accounting issues.
15. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Records and Reports:
16. Prepare timely audit schedules and financial statements according to federal, state, and GASB standards.
17. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including auditable records and financial statements.
18. Assign work to accounting clerk and other employees engaged in accounting activities.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in accounting with 3-5 years' experience at a high level of responsibility preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing principles established by the Governmental Accounting System Board (GASB)
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, evaluate accounting problems, develop data, and recommend improved procedures
- Ability to software to develop complex accounting reports, spreadsheets, and databases
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
- Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
- Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
- Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
- Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website