JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Plans and implements specific treatment programs for assigned patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy. Assess patient's functional level of performance, plan and implement a rehabilitation program based on a team approach and program standards. Periodically evaluates patient progress and response to treatment. Job is performed appropriately for the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Completes patient assessments and treatments following department protocols and meeting department standards.
- Assesses patient, plans and implements treatment, periodically evaluates patient's progress toward goals and documents patient related assessments and treatments.
- Plans and implements treatment programs based on evaluation results, discharge goals, and interdisciplinary team patient goals
- Provides patient and family teaching, including specific exercise and motor learning to improve strength, endurance, coordination, self-care training, sensory stimulation, and mobility. Provides home programs.
- Adapts environment to facilitate patient's progress.
- Utilizes technology effectively to maximize patient gains.
2. Documents care provided
- Documents patient records, billing procedures, and productivity management, as required, adhering to department documentation standards in patient care.
3. Promotes team approach
- Works cooperatively with team members to assure a comprehensive interdisciplinary patient program and discharge goals, participating in interdisciplinary team conferences, patient planning, patient related conferences and meetings for patients. Assesses and implements discharge planning activities and makes appropriate recommendations regarding discharge needs, including home evaluations and equipment orders when necessary.
- Works with outside vendors and case managers to order patient specific equipment when funding has been verified.
- Provides staff training to promote patient progress re: equipment, transfers, mobility, etc.
4. Promotes education and participates in department tasks.
- Attends continuing education for licensure requirements and keeps abreast of current/new treatment approaches and/or equipment.
- Attends mandatory meetings, and assists in other departments as needed.
- Participates in department management tasks; supervises and/or provides in-services and training for licensed assistants, rehab tech, students, hospital staff, and volunteers.
- Offers suggestions for process improvement; recommends to the supervisor/manager equipment and/or supplies that may enhance Rehab Program.
5. Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Completes assigned projects by due date.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Louisiana State licensure required
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or public health records, medical records related to quality/data, patient financial information and/or 3rd party billing, patient-related complaints, and/or research information.
Apply on company website