Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) PACU Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Bay Area Surgicenter which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Bay Area Surgicenter, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Bay Area Surgicenter!Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a PACU Nurse for our ambulatory surgery center who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family. You will ensure safe and effective nursing care rendered postoperatively until the patient is dismissed from the facility. With your expertise, our center will continue its' legacy of employing nurses who contribute to the company's mission and vision.
What you will do in this role:
- Prepare your patients' care area adequately and ensure necessary equipment and supplies and provided
- You will demonstrate proper airway management techniques
- Monitor your patients according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac, etc.).
- You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
- Perform and document head to toe evaluation of your patients utilizing an approved scoring system in line with HCA policy and procedure
- Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and report abnormalities to the surgeon
- Provide a safe and comforting environment for your patients and family
- Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
- Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable
- ACLS required
- PALS as required by facility
Bay Area Physicians Surgery Center is a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center. We serve Hillsborough County, Florida. Our center performs over 700 procedures a month. Services in urology, otorhinolaryngology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, podiatry, and general surgeries. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our PACU Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website