Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor College of Medicine (www.bcm.edu) is a health sciences university known for excellence in education, research and patient care. U.S. News & World Report ranks BCM 4th for primary care and 22nd for research among all U.S. medical schools. BCM also ranks 29th among national universities, research institutions, and teaching hospitals in National Institutes of Health funding. Located in Houston - the most racially and ethnically diverse of the 10 largest U.S. metropolitan areas - BCM is part of the Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical complex.Summary
The Division of Evaluation, Assessment, & Education Research within the BCM School of Medicine seeks a Faculty Instructor - Senior Evaluation and Assessment Data Analyst. This specialist will contribute to the development and ongoing implementation of processes for collecting and analyzing medical education program evaluation data, and create customized reports for curriculum deans, directors, and committees to monitor curriculum quality and foster program improvement. The Senior Evaluation Data Analyst will also contribute to the team's overall program evaluation, learner performance assessment, education research, and accreditation efforts in the context of BCM's evolving medical education curriculum.Job Duties
- Work closely with medical school colleagues - including deans, directors, faculty, and staff - in developing and implementing program evaluation processes appropriate for our evolving curriculum.
- Provide statistical analysis, quantitative data management, and related support for program evaluation, performance assessment, education research, and accreditation activities at BCM. This includes identifying and completing necessary scoring and performance summary processes for longitudinal competency-oriented assessment programs, analysis of complex data sets for medical education research, and creation of customized reports to support curricular review and accreditation processes.
- Provide expertise and consultation to faculty, students, and staff in response to needs related to routine and complex statistical analysis.
- Contribute to the management and completion of the team's qualitative, text analysis responsibilities. This includes analyzing text-based student survey data to identify and report on emergent themes related to course improvement, and accreditation.
- Present data analysis findings as needed, to medical school deans, directors, and committees.
- Collaborate with team members of the Division of Evaluation, Assessment, & Education Research in the ongoing implementation and improvement of program evaluation and learning assessment processes.
- PhD, EdD or similar terminal degree, with significant expertise and experience in analysis of educational program evaluation data.
- At least 3 years of prior experience with one or more of the following: statistical analysis, data science, data management, qualitative analysis, text analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in: higher education program evaluation, and IT systems used in higher education performance assessment and/or program evaluation (examples include ExamSoft, Surveymonkey, E*Value, MedHub, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Experience with program evaluation and improvement processes, such as administration of course and teaching evaluation surveys
- Familiarity with scholarship on current trends in medical education
- Experience in health professions education
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website