The Section of Endocrinology in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine has an opening for a full-time advance practice provider position at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio. This position comes with a faculty appointment within the Department of Pediatrics, a competitive salary, and a full benefits package. The candidates' credentials and experience will determine the rank of the academic appointment. Responsibilities include admit, evaluate, diagnose, consult and provide treatment to infants, children's, adolescents with proven or suspected acute and chronic, rheumatic diseases or disorders of the joints, muscle, muscle strains, common athletic injuries , and collagen disease. May provide care to patients in the intensive care setting in conformance with unit policies. Assess, stabilize and determine disposition of patients with emergent conditions consistent with medical staff policy.Job Purpose
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Verification of current RN license and APRN recognition issued by the Texas Board of Nursing;
- Verification of current certification with the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB);
- Current controlled substances certificates from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS);
- Background working with children with chronic illness, and knowledge of long term medications and drug interactions;
- Strong physical assessment and diagnostic skills as well as experience in patient and family education and coordination of care; and
- Current Certifications in Basic Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website