The primary responsibility for this role is to provide initial patient-family contact and maintain the continuity of patient rapport throughout the patient's visit. The candidate serves as a key player in the front desk activity (checking in and checking out patients) for various providers of health care services at various locations. The candidate is customer service oriented, experienced, and knowledgeable of front desk duties for multiple payers and patients. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to deal with stressful situations with resourcefulness and initiative. The ability to accept training, instruction and change with a positive attitude is essential. The candidate interacts with patients, employees, management, and other support and professional staff. The candidate should know how to interact professionally verbally and via written correspondence. The nature of the work demands maturity, courtesy, tact, professionalism, a sense of urgency, confidentiality, technical and interpersonal technical skills.
The candidate may be required to float to different locations, if necessary.Job Duties
- Greets patients and obtains demographic, financial and, insurance information; enters or updates data in EPIC.
- Calculates and collects patient time-of-service payments in accordance with departmental cash collection and control procedures.
- Collects patient copays.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of all payments and petty cash.
- Informs patients of any visit delays.
- Answers any questions received at the front desk.
- Attends Front Desk team meetings.
- Manages patient appointments and schedules follow-up visits.
- Distributes patient documents and scans documents in EPIC.
- Ensures charge tickets are marked and records all charges captured by physician on department charge tickets.
- Pre-certifies patient insurance for clinic procedures.
- Provides instructions to patients concerning testing and surgeries.
- Acts as liaison between patient, physician, and billing office regarding billing and collection issues.
- Acts as liaison between patient, clinical staff and physician regarding questions.
- Answers telephone and routes calls to the appropriate individual.
- Provides varied, job-related administrative support as needed.
- Corresponds with insurance companies regarding patient accounts.
- High school diploma or GED.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website